Monday, March 18, 2013

Edits, Edits, and More Edits

Can you tell, by the title, what I am working on?  LOL.

I made a rookie mistake of getting too detailed and wordy with the first book and I am now paying my dues trying to tighten the story and trim as much as possible.  I have been doing an on again/off again, approach to the editing, so I don't become numb to the story line.

To date, I have been able to trim 25,000+ words, pushed one major scene over to book two, Loving You, (which now has a good start at 6,000+ words) and am slowly approaching the end of my editing.  Only about 75 pages left.  Can I get a big WOOHOO, from everyone?!

My only fear is that I still need to cut some more.  There are two scenes that are emotional, but could due with less detail and still have the book survive.  However, I am holding out until I absolutely have to trim them, because they mean a great deal to me.  Plus, I fear a scene that I am coming up on needs several more lines of clarification. 

Sorry this blog is short this week, but my focus is on getting this done.  I want to stop talking about the book and release it already!

Back to editing....  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment