Friday, March 29, 2013

Reflecting - Relaxing - Working

I am happy to announce that I am done with "I Remember."  I have finished with the rewrites and my part of the editing and it is now in the hands of my editor.

While I am waiting to hear what kind of changes are needed in the book, I am already putting the final touches on the outline to part two in the Remembrance Series, called "Loving You."  Thanks to pulling a major scene and pushing it into this book, I already have a 7,000+ word head start.   

The day I finished, I took a moment to reflect on how long this journey has taken and how wonderful it feels to have completed it.  I decided to take a few days to catch up on some much needed sleep and reading.  My TBR (to be read) pile has grown considerably and it is time to take a few books out of the pile. 

Some may ask, why spend time reading when you should be writing.  (I have actually been asked this question numerous times.)  The answer is easy...sometimes when you are writing, you stumble across a brick wall, or writer's block.  I don't know about everyone else, but for me, I like to step away from the scene and either jump to another area of the book or stop working on it entirely and read a book.  I find that reading allows my mind to let go of anxiety, imagine, and become one with the story.  It also provides you with new thoughts and ideas.  Let me ask this, "How many times have you read a story and said to yourself, 'That's a nice idea, but what if it went this way instead?'"  That is the writer in all of us!  This is why we read a lot!

Today I decided to take a look at a story that I have had on hold while I finished up my other story.  I have decided to go through a round of edits, to refresh me on the story and hoping to start back up on writing by next week.  I am about two-thirds complete with the story at this point and would like to see what I can do to complete it, before bouncing back to my other series.  Besides, the two main characters are giving me heck in my dreams, demanding that I complete this portion of their story!  :-)

I am also trying to get everything finalized for my website, so it can finally be up and running.  I will let everyone know on here when it is ready to go.  Also, be sure to check back sometime within the next week.  I will go ahead and post my cover for I Remember. 

Have a wonderful weekend!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment