To my surprise, I've had people request to know more information than what my author bio lists. Okay, let's see how crazy and quirky, I can get.
Things you might not know about me:
1. My husband and I met in a similar fashion to how Jordan and Gregory met in my first book, I Remember. That's actually what inspired the idea behind the story. We fell in love via computer. When we first met, it was kismet and we've been attached at the hip ever since. Going on 15 years this year!
2. I've lived in Florida all my life. Actual, third generation Floridian. I know - rare right!
3. My first venture out of the state was on my Honeymoon, which actually took me out of the country as well. (I've since made up for going outside of the state, having visited Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Bahamas, U.S. Virgin Islands and the British Virgin Islands).
4. I have goals to see as many of the 50 states and other countries as possible.
5. This one might surprise you....I never really dreamed of being a writer. Yes, you read that correctly. My mind has always been imaginative, creating new games, fantasies, and so forth, but I was hesitant to write anything down.
6. What changed my mind about writing? The overwhelming desire to finally write and letting my dreams come out on paper, plus the encouragement of my family.
7. What's my all time favorite food indulgence? Hmm...there are so many selections out there, but a good surf and turf meal sounds really appealing. I like a good steak and seafood. Also, love an amazing well thought out salad!
8. Favorite color: When I'm passionate about things, I love burgundy, wines, mauves and golds. When I need a calming effect, I love medium blues.
9. Favorite band: Depends on what mood I'm in. When I'm in the uber romantic mood, I love listening to boy bands and Savage Garden. When I'm writing the more sensual books, a little harsher rock band music.
10. What's my favorite music? I'm ecclectic in my musical tastes. I can listen to anything from classical all the way to heavy metal.
11. Favorite vacation places: Anything with a Beach and a pool! Though I also love a good winter vacation with snow too, but the beach is the all time winner!
12. Hobbies: I love to spend time with my family, cook, play the piano, be creative with crafts (flower arrangements, needle point and ceramics), of course write and swim.
13. Favorite Movies: I prefer comedies, romantic comedies, animation, some sci-fi, and some action movies.
14. Desktop or Laptop Computer preference: Both, pending which room I'm writing in. Though lately, my laptop, because it's faster.
15. Favorite Authors: This too is ecclectic tastes. Stephenie Meyer, Nora Roberts, E.L. James, Sylvia Day, Jessica Gibson, Nicole Chase, Katie Ashely, Raine Miller, the list is endless. I can read a good young adult romance, paranormal romance, historical romance, contemporary/erotic, suspense, etc. If it's written well, I usually like it.
16. Major Author or Indie: Both, though lately I prefer Indie Authors. They have more creativity in their books and to me the stories are more appealing.
17. Favorite Go To/Comfort Food: Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. Don't know why, but they are appealing and definitely easy to handle while you're trying to sit, eat and write at the same time. LOL!
18. Most disliked food: Mushrooms! Sorry, but I have a hard time liking them, especially when they are known as a fungus and the conditions in which they grow.
19. Favorite Indulgence: Pepsi Max or a Coke Zero. You thought I would say chocolate here, hmm! Actually, I would prefer to say that, just can't eat much of it...if I could I would say a scoop of chocolate ice cream on a sugar cone, simple but tasty!
20. Dog or cat person: Definitely a dog lover! I have a hypo-allergenic breed of dog. (My other baby.) While I like cats, I'm highly allergic to them. Had a tuxedo cat once, that's how I found out I'm allergic. Crazy cat loved corn on the cob! He would literally attack you for it! No Kidding!
21. Car or Truck: While cars are nice, I've gotten spoiled with an SUV so I would have to say SUV or Truck.
22. Disney or Universal: I'm a classic Disney fan, but I do love the Harry Potter World and look forward to riding the new Transformers ride sometime in the near future.
23. Favorite Season: I live in Florida....the seasons hardly change, only differing slightly in temperature. So I would have to say Fall/Winter, only because of the humidity and heat index in the summer. (Plus, let's not forget the hurricane threats from June to October.)
24. Favorite Holiday: Christmas, without question. I love to decorate and bake during that time of year.
25. If I had the chance to do my life over, would I? Not a chance! Life is a roller coaster filled with ups and downs, you take the good with the bad and eventually find yourself where you were meant to be. Everything that I have and everything that I am is because of the journey I have taken to get here. I love my life, my family, my now and my forever!